Bible Facts for Teaching Wall
Display interesting facts about the Bible in your room on poster board or on a bulletin board. This will be used to help them understand the concept of “chapter and verse”.
- Write facts on strips of poster board and place each strip on the floor or the wall. You might wish to make a large Bible shape out of black poster board.
- Let children see if they can pick the matching facts. If they guess it correctly, they can put them on the teaching wall.
- I stuck vertical strips of black Velcro on the black posterboard.
- It makes it easy to stick the facts together without them moving around.
- This class activity may also be used as an individual or small group learning center as an activity to do before the class period begins.
- In the photo above, the facts are all scrambled. We work as a class or children may work as they enter the classroom to fix them. Below are what I have used below. However you may choose anything they need to know or that is interesting to you.
- OT books? 39
- NT books? 27
- All Bible books? 66
- Bible Writers 40 (39 or 40 since we are not certain about the writer of Hebrews)
- Years to Write? 1500 (again this is approximate)
- Middle Book
- Longest Chapter Psalm 119
- Shortest Chapter John 117
- Shortest Verse John 11:35
- Contains all letters but one Ezra 21. (No, I am not going to tell you what is missing. Look it up for yourself and see if you can find the missing letter.)